Hivisasa.com is a local news website tailored for the mobile web. We bring county-level news to any internet-enabled phone. We crowdsource our news stories from local ‘citizen journalists’ who are paid via M-Pesa for each published article.!
It has partnered with mobile web experts 88mph.ac, the co-owners of Kenya’s most popular websites: ghalfla.com, futaa.com, mdundo.com and others.
Monthly compensation: negotiable – upwards of KES 100,000 net. !
Can include shares.!
Starting date: immediately!
Location: 88mph Nairobi and Nakuru County!
Type: full time employment (no side commitments permitted)! !
! Mandatory: send links to widely-read articles you wrote (with supporting evidence of high
• Excellent writing skills!
• Excellent editorial skills!
• Ability to write / choose / edit high-readership stories!
• Excellent computer skills! !
• Min. 4 years of experience as news editor (with supporting reference letters)!
• Excellent knowledge of online media!
• Strong adherence to ethical editorial guidelines!
• In-depth understanding of social media promotion!
• Kenyan citizen! !
• Lived for an extended period of time outside Nairobi County!
• Experience managing teams!
• Experience working with web developers!
• Mobile adept: extensive user of online news and social media!
• Passion for citizen journalism! !
• Select best news articles from a large stream of daily submissions!
• Enforce journalistic best practice and code of ethics!
• Promote large-scale engagement of ‘citizen journalists’!
• Write articles!
• Supervise and train sub-editors!
Email CV + Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: “Chief Editor”